Saturday, April 13, 2013

My Book: Forbidden (title pending)

Forbidden
 
Forbidden is book #1 of the series I have been working on for a little over two years now. I began writing it one summer evening after a particularly random design popped into my head. The design was supposed to be meant for a monster project I had been working on for an art class, but then I thought "Hey! That would make a great demon!" Haha, kind of a morbid thing to think about, I know, and I'm still not sure how the story idea came about.
 
I guess it started like this; I has always been into things like the paranormal or the bizarre, and I knew it was only a matter of time before I started writing a book with a storyline of the sort. The "monster" ended up, with a little tweaking, turning into the main demon in the plot, whose name (for now) has been chosen to be Lucan. Names and titles are still pending for this story. I won't get in too deep about the plot for now, but the book basically focuses on the powers of shadow and light. Or love and evil. It's hard to not make it sound like another vampire novel, and believe me I've read enough of them to make me blanch at the mere sight of the bloodsuckers. Forbidden is, in my opinion, not your typical vampire romance novel. There is definitely more violence and adult themes than what an audience would see in say Twilight.
 
Lucan is a demon. He does not look at Nevaeh (the main protagonist) for the first time and fall head over heels. Like every other demon, he wants to kill her, because that's just what demons do. What happens to change all that will remain a mystery for now, but I can promise you it's not an easy transition, especially for poor Nevaeh. The book focuses on the question a lot of people ask themselves every now and then; does true evil really exist? What scenarios can cause enemis to come together to fight a bigger force? Unlike most books and movies that show the haunting from the humans' perspectives, this book will venture into the point of view of the demons as well.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. Thank God it's not like Twilight! haha xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has their own preferences. I just wnated to switch it up a bit lol. We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a young writer, you are very precise and fluent with expressing your experiences and imagery. I've read over a few of your posts and already know this book could be promising. Keep up the good work, darling.

    ReplyDelete

I'm looking for peoples' feedback, and for them to share their ideas and opinions on my posts. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Rest assured I will make every effort to reply to your comments and questions! :)