Saturday, April 20, 2013

Shadow

In the shadows he stays with all his oddities and quriks...
He is hard to spot and may not seem to be there,
But you never know where the devil lurks.
He has appeared once or twice.
When I see him, I know I should be scared,
But he is not my foe.
How strange is the bond we've shared.
He was the tiger, and I was the doe
 
But then something strange happened...
Things started to simmer down...
His mood less aggressive...
And gradually, it grew as it is now.
 
He never touches me,
Yet he never leaves.
I sometimes wonder why he chose me.
Perhaps this is what I believe...
That he is not as bad as he seems.
 
The label "demon" tarnishes his charisma.
Perhaps I am crazy,
But how could something so evil be such an enigma?
His outter appearance,
His human disguise...
It would trick the eyes of any passerby.
Skin of ivory,
Eyes of gold,
Those vibrant orbs makes you wonder what secrets he holds.
 
Thin lips curve upward in a mischievous grin.
Only I see the good that is hiddin within.
He is so strange.
A curtain of jet black falls just past his shoulders...
And all I want to know is his real name.
 
He would never let me find out,
Because it is almost forbidden.
In telling his true identity,
He risks being killed for what he has hidden.
 
I don't think he knows I would never harm him,
Just like I don't know if he would harm me,
So here we both are,
Living in some dark fantasy.
None of this is supposed to exist...
A demon is a myth, something written up in text
Made up in the minds of religious pets.
 
So I remain here living with this stranger.
Sometimes I don't understand my own bravado.
I know by staying I put myself in danger.
I only know the alias he has given himself...
Shadow.
 
by: ©Désirée Storms 4/20/13

1 comment:

I'm looking for peoples' feedback, and for them to share their ideas and opinions on my posts. I'd love to hear your thoughts! Rest assured I will make every effort to reply to your comments and questions! :)